It's hard to believe that 12 years ago, Belmont Station launched a celebration of sour and wild ales with just a handful of offerings. But here we are, a dozen years later -- and a LOT more great beer to share!
In addition to special releases and offerings from our long-time contributors such as Ale Apothecary, Block 15, Double Mountain, Upright, de Garde, Breakside, and so many others, we are bringing in a good number of great breweries that we usually don't see around here specifically for the event, including E9, Libertine, TRVE, Paradox,Stoup, Floodland, Hill Farmstead, Wunderkammer Bier, The Rare Barrel , The Good Beer Company and more!
Instead of having "themes" each day like we have in the past, we are just going to put all the great beers on tap and rotate them through as quickly as you can enjoy them. So it will be key to keep an eye on the live draft list on our website to make sure you don't miss anything!
That being said, we do have three special events happening during Puckerfest:
Thursday July 19: Cherries & Heavy Metal Puckerfest Kickoff
We kick things off with some tasty krieks and other delights from Double Mountain, and, as is tradition, Matt Swihart and friends will be bringing fresh cherries for us to nibble on. And Denver's true Heavy Metal brewery, TRVE, will be in-house, sharing their incredible sours and hanging out with us! Look for this all to happen around 5-8 PM
Sunday July 22: An Afternoon with Vasili
Fresh from his current home in Vermont, Oregon ex-pat Vasili Gletsos will be in the house from 2-5 PM! (And, yes, there will be Hill Farmstead and Wunderkammer Bier on tap!) Looking forward to seeing our old pal!
Monday July 23: The Culmination of Strange Loop
Culmination brew crew members unveil their new side project, Strange Loop Brewing. Culmination will also have something sour on tap for us! Brewers on site 5-8 PM.
- At least 20 of our 35 taps will be pouring a rotating variety of sour and wild ales -- many rare -- for the duration of Puckerfest 12! (For those who are sour fans, that means we still will have taps pouring other tasty things to drink.) Find out what is currently on tap by checking our LIVE DRAFT LIST on the website.
- Puckerfest runs all biercafe hours of operation each day during the celebration. Special times when brewers will be in-house are listed above.
- Kiddos (those under 21) are allowed in the biercafe until 7 p.m. (They are always welcome in the shop).
- In addition to a lot of rare draft beers we usually don't see around these parts, many of these brewers also sent package options, so make sure to also check out our blog for those new arrivals (updated Tuesdays and Fridays). And get here early for those, as they no doubt will go fast!
- Bring friends, share your beers. It's a great way to sample more of these special offerings.
- Speaking of which, we will have wine and cider on tap, not to mention a great variety in the shop you can bring over to drink on-site, so bring your friends who aren't beer crazy, too. (Just make sure your bartender opens that bottle or can for you -- it's the law!)
- Remember to eat! Our on-site food cart, Monk's Deli, is going to be cranking out some great grub to help soak those sour suds. Check out the menu.
- Have fun! It's going to be an awesome Puckerfest -- so prepare to pucker up!