It's funny how sometimes a style, region, or an ingredient will suddenly pop up out of nowhere, like White IPAs or craft beer from Denmark. First there's nothing, then there's an explosion, and then it settles out and you onder what the heck just happened. Utah is the lastest example of this phenomenon. A few months ago, Uinta Brewing out of Salt Lake City, Utah stormed into town, and a couple months after that, Epic brewing (also from SLC) popped up in Oregon with almost a dozen solid offerings.
Now, we welcome the Utah Brewers Collective, operating under the names Wasatch (Park City) and Squatter's (SLC), into the crowd of Utah breweries available in Portland. Most people are familiar with Wasatch's most famous beer, Polygamy Porter, with it's tongue in cheek tagline of, "Why have just one?", but the these two breweries offer several other delicious beers as well. Why not stop in and check a few of them out?
- Wasatch White Label - Witbier
- Wasatch Polygamy Porter - Robust Porter
- Wasatch Devastator - Doppelbock
- Squatter's IPA - English-style IPA
- Squatter's Hop Rising - Imperial IPA
- Squatter's Outer Darkness - Imperial Stout
- Squatter's Hell's Keep - Belgian-style Golden Ale
- Trois Mousquetaires Porter Baltique - Traditional Baltic Porter (fermented with lager yeast)
- De Ranke Hop Harvest - Hoppy Belgian Hybrid
- Maui La Perouse - Witbier
- Natian Undun - Blonde Ale in CANS from one of Portland's smallest commercial breweries!
- Ninkasi Spring Reign - Pale Ale
- Heater Allen Hugo - Dark Bock
Back in stock: Hopf Dunkel Weisse and Bison Organic Chocolate Stout.