Happy Tuesday beer lovers! If you're not busy this evening, you should swing on by for our "Meet the Monks" event. Starting at 5pm we'll have Merchant du Vin representative Tom Bowers pouring samples of some wonderful beers made by Trappist monks which are being paired with a custom made sandwich from Monk's Deli, our delicious new food cart! "Lisa's Leftovers" is a tasty combination of pulled turkey, home made stuffing, and Lisa's own Cranbeery Relish made with Lindeman's Framboise!
The beer and sandwich samples are free while supplies last, and we'll have a ballot box set up so you can vote for your favorite beer and sandwich combo. If you really enjoy a particular pairing Monk's will be happy to sell you a full sized version, and we're well stocked on bottles of all the featured beers!
Oh, we also received a handful of awesome new bottles today, so before or after you cast your vote for the best Monk pairing be sure to pop over to the bottle shop and check them out!
- Commons Fleur de Ferme - Dark Saison brewed with hibiscus, chamomile, and lavender
- Laurelwood Santa's Woody (vintages 2013, 2014, and 2015) - Bourbon Barrel-aged Barleywine
- Sierra Nevada Wild Hop IPA - IPA brewed with the recently discovered Neo Mexicanus hops
- Ex Novo Nevermore - Black Barleywine aged on whole cacao beans and house-smoked figs
- Breakside Bourbon Barrel Aztec - Bourbon Barrel-aged Strong Ale brewed with chilis, vanilla, and spices
- Ballast Point Peppermint Victory at Sea - Imperial Porter brewed with coffee, vanilla, and peppermint
- Baerlic Wood Worker Iniquitous - Bourbon Barrel-aged Imperial Stout
- Bridgeport Old Knucklehead - Barleywine
- Hopworks Noggin Floggin - Barleywine
- No-Li Born & Raised (now in 6pk/12oz cans) - IPA