Happy Tuesday beer lovers! As you may (or may not) have heard, today marks the 18th Anniversary of the day Don Younger and Joy Campbell opened the doors to a tiny little bottle shop and British knick knack store next door to the Horse Brass pub. 18 years and thousands of beers later, their "kid" has grown up and moved to a bigger home a few blocks away, becoming a Portland beer landmark along the way.
To celebrate the occasion we gave everyone on staff the opportunity to pick a beer for the day. They've got some diverse tastes (and a habit of picking hard to find stuff), so we had to call in a few favors, but in the end we managed to snag almost everything they wanted. We also commisioned Barley Browns to brew up something special for the occasion, and they stepped up to the challenge and created Belmont Black, an incredibly hoppy Cascadian Dark Ale. We have it on tap today, and we'll be hosting Tyler Brown on Saturday March 21 for the bottle release!
Oh, and we also received a bunch of tasty new bottles and cans today, so make sure to peruse the bottle shop while you're sipping on some aniiversary beer!
- Sixpoint Abigale - Belgian-style Abbey Ale
- Ninkasi Critical Hit - Barleywine
- Stone Imperial Russian Stout
- Stone Chai Spice Imperial Russian Stout
- Alaskan Free Ride (now in cans) - Pale Ale
- Terminal Gravity Tap Out - American Strong Ale
- Midnight Sun Kodiak Brown (Cans) - Brown Ale
- Midnight Sun Arctic Devil - Barleywine
- 21st Amendment Monk's Blood - Belgian-style Abbey Ale
- Hop Valley Citrus Mistress (now in 6pks) - IPA brewed with citrus
- Boon Marriage Parfait - Gueuze
Cheers to 18 more!