It's not every day that a whole new brewery arrives in Oregon, so let's all welcome Left Coast Brewing (aka Oggi's Pizza and Brewing Co.) from San Clemente, CA! In addition to the 4 beers from Left Coast, we received a couple of other new beers and 2 new meads.
Speaking of meads, did you know that Belmont Station carries Portland's largest selection of mead? We have almost 50 varieties from around the world, including Danish mead infused with hops and hibiscus, South African mead with bird's eye chilies, Austrian "single varietal" lime tree blossom mead, and dozens of different styles and flavors from across the US.
Without further ado, here's the round up of new arrivals for today:
- Hidden Legends King's Mead - This one is so new that there's no ratings for it on Ratebeer yet, so you should buy a bottle and start the ball rolling.
- Hidden Legend King's Pyment - Another brand new product with no rating, but it's a blend of fermented honey and grape juice, modeled after a recipe from the late 1500's when honey became scarce in Europe.
- Upright Brewing Flora Rustica Saison - In addition to being an awesome saison with calendula flowers and yarrow, this is also Upright's highest rated beer, and for very good reasons. Get it while you can.
- Birrificio LoverBeer Madamin - Just in time for Puckerfest, we received a couple of new Italian wild ales, including the Madamin. No clue what to expect other than that it's amber, sour, and full of fruity (grape, peach, apricot) flavors.
- Birrificio LoverBeer Beerbera - Fermented and maturated in oak vats. No adding yeast. Spontaneous fermentation because of adding freshly pressed Barbera grapes juice that contains the skins, directly from a viticulturist near Alba. Brewed once a year at vintage time.
- Birrificio LoverBeer D'UvaBeer - The commercial description is in Italian, so maybe someone can translate it for you. Whatever it is, it scores 97/100 on Ratebeer, so it must be good.
- Firestone Walker Solace - A hybrid wheat beer that takes influence from both the German and Belgian styles to create a light, yet flavorful summer tipple.
- Left Coast Voo Doo Imperial Stout - Voo Doo is a full bodied, dark brew that is rich and malty with plenty of roasted barley character. This hearty stout is layered with flavors of roasted barley, chocolate, and coffee coming from the highest quality imported malts. Its creamy long lasting head completes the brew, tempting your taste buds to be spellbound.
- Left Coast Trestles IPA - Balanced, 6% IPA loaded with tropical fruit flavors from an abundance of hops used throughout the brewing process.
- Left Coast Hop Juice Imperial IPA - A 9.4% imperial IPA brewed with 5 different varieties of hops for a complex, yet drinkable character.
- Left Coast Asylum Belgian Tripel - An 11% Belgian-style tripel with sweet/spicy flavors and a warming finish from the alcohol.
- Lucky Buddha Lager - I'm not sure if the beer is any good, but it's worth picking one up solely for the custom-formed, buddha-shaped bottle. Seriously, click the link, it's an awesome package.
Back in stock: Bahnhoff Berliner Weisse, Hitachino Sweet Stout, Ommegang Zuur, and Fentiman's Shandy (non-alcoholic).