Beyond simply selling beer, we want to educate our customers and expose them to the dizzying array of beer, cider and mead available in Oregon. To facilitate this, we frequently offer free tastings, "Meet the Brewer" nights, theme weeks, and other special events. These events offer an excellent way to learn about styles and the brewing process, as well as meeting the folks responsible for creating your favorite beers, meads and ciders. Unless otherwise noted, all events listed as "tastings" are free and open to everyone over 21 years of age.
Thursday, Feb. 26 5-7 PM
Join brewmaster John Harris and the dynamic Erin Grey Kemplin in the bottle shop for a tasting of Ecliptic Brewing's bottled beers. Erin will be sampling the Ecliptic Spica Pils, Orbiter IPA, Oort Imperial Stout and Phobos Single Hop Red Ale and John wll be talking about and answering questions about the beers. And of course, we will pour something tasty from Ecliptic in the biercafe to boot.
Saturday, Feb. 28 2-4 PM
Grateful Deaf Tapping & Fundraiser
Join Ken Fisher of The Grateful Deaf Brewery for a special tapping of a firkin of Cascadian Dark Rye. At 6.2%, this CDA was brewed in collaboration with Ted Sobel at Brewers Union Local 180, in Oakridge, Oregon. This will be a fundraiser to help with the Sign Interpreter's Travel Expenses to Europe as Ken embarks on his gypsy brewing journey this summer! This lovely beer will be served on a authentic Beer Engine, on Cask!
Monday, March 2 Through Wednesday, March 4 Noon-9 PM -- SOLD OUT!
Pliny the Younger FUNdraiser
We love doing good things through good beer. And once again, we will be hosting a Pliny the Younger and Pliny the Elder side-by-side tasting event as a fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity Portland/MetroEast.
This is a ticketed event that takes place over three days to help create an atmosphere that's relaxed and mellow. Tickets are limited to make sure as many people as possible have to chance to enjoy this rare and special treat.
Here are the details:
- TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT!!
- Tickets are $20 each with $12 from each ticket going to Habitat for Humanity. Gratuity is not included, so please tip our hardworking beertenders when you attend.
- Each ticket entitles you to one glass of Russian River Pliny the Younger and one glass of Pliny the Elder.
- Tickets are specifically for either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday and cannot be used for any day other than what is designated on the ticket itself.
- You choose which day(s) you prefer by purchasing ticket(s) for specific days. If you can’t make your designated ticketed day, you forfeit your ticket.
- One ticket per day per customer. We will not serve more than one glass of each beer to any one individual in one day.
- You are welcome to share your glasses of Pliny with friends. Share the love!
- You can come in any time between noon and 10 p.m. on the day of your ticket.
- The Biercafe and Back Patio will still be open to the general public during this event. Seating is first come, first served.
- Don’t forget our friends at The Italian Market, the on-site food cart, when you get hungry!